Using the Library
There are a wide range of services available for free to the public.
Members have the following options:
• Borrow up to twenty items for three weeks at a time.
• Renew borrowed items twice, provided there are no reserves, for a total of nine weeks.
• Access time, subject to availability, on library computers.
• Access to Library eResources.
Membership is free and can be obtained by visiting the library with:
• Valid photographic identification, including:
- Proof of Age Card
- Valid Australian Driver’s Licence
- 18+ Card
• Proof of current address, including:
- Utility bills
- Bank statements
- Other valid forms
Visiting Membership is available for all WA residents.
Free Membership is restricted to people living in Australia but temporary membership is available for visitors to our beautiful city.
Fees & Charges
The complete list of Library Fees & Charges for 2017/18 can be viewed here.
We have 14 computers for public use. Access is free for a standard 30 minute session. Staff can offer limited assistance in using the computers and this is subject to demand.
Printing and photocopying services are also available on a self-service basis.
Photocopying & Printing fees:
Black & white per A4 page $ 0.20
Black & white per A3 page $ 0.40
Colour per A4 page $ 2.00
Colour per A3 page $ 3.00
The Library also offers free Wi-Fi access. Wi-Fi is available daily from 8am to 8pm. Users are limited to 2 hours or 500mb of data per session.
Libraries have left behind the stereotype of shush and people undertake a wide variety of activities in our library. We are free and open to all and as long as you are considerate of other library users, you’ll be ok!